Friday, November 11, 2011

Love What Hubspot Does for My Mobile Web Site

As you know, I've recently signed up for Hubspot's basic inbound marketing software package. My site is live, and I'm addicted to fiddling with it. I never doubted I would be, but I am really enjoying the freedom to do what I want when I want without doing too much html or going to a zillion different web sites for my social media, analytics, etc.

But my new favorite part about Hubspot's inbound marketing software is what it does for my mobile site!

If you even think for even one second getting your site functioning well for mobile is not a priority, think again. There are a ridiculous number of studies done that prove otherwise.

I love this mobile marketing stat:  There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. Or this one: Many mobile web users are mobile-only, i.e. they do not, or very rarely use a desktop, laptop or tablet to access the Web. Even in the US 25 percent of mobile Web users are mobile-only.

The problem is that, according to recent marketing research, nearly 50 percent of survey respondents said that a "poor experience on their initial use of the mobile web made them "reluctant to access" either the site - or the Internet in general - on their mobile phones again."

I'm with the 50 percent. I HATE surfing the web on my smartphone. While the web is easier to access on my iPhone than my Blackberry, it's still often frustrating and squint-worthy.

But Hubspot is magic. My site is clean, the font is big enough to read, and instead of a menu bar rendered as it would be on a computer, visitors are able to use simple, iPhone-inspired menus.

The best way to demonstrate how great Hubspot's mobile sites are is to send you to see one. Grab your iPhone and go to my massage web site. Got a Blackberry? I'd love to hear about your user experience.

No comments: