Thursday, November 3, 2011

Great Tagline Sighting!

Saw a landscaping truck at a stoplight this morning with a tagline I could appreciate. The side of the truck read:

PS Landscapes
Our Reputation is Growing!

I went for my iPhone to take a picture, but my trigger finger isn't fast enough - the light turned green. Having said that, I think my not being fast enough but still having time to recognize a witty and effective tagline - and want to blog about it - gives a lot of credit to PS Landscapes.

That one tagline had me eyeballing the men in the truck, looking at the landscaping equipment in their trailer and going for my iPhone with visions of blog articles swimming in my head. At a stoplight!

Taglines - Lasting and Powerful

According to Gweneth Dwyer, Director of Marketing Services at Larsen, a good tagline is lasting, powerful tool that communicates value. They can be explanatory, competitive, emotional or commanding - but it's the lasting part that makes it work. Our reputation is growing, was just punny enough to make me laugh a little and think a lot about this truck sitting next to me at the stoplight. The fact that it mentioned reputation didn't hurt, either.

Do I need a landscaper? Probably. Am I going to hire PS Landscapes right now? No, probably not. But the likelihood that I will remember PS Landscapes as a landscaping company that services my part of town is greater because it gave me - in just four words, in a fraction of a sentence - something to think about. And now I've shared it with you. Powerful.

No comments: